I am starting to get giddy with excitement about my trip to San Francisco. Except for the pain (which has subsided into sort of a dull ache...not a good sign) in my knee, all I want to think about right now are all the recommendations my friends Dave & Claire and Trina have given me. I'll be leaving Missoula tomorrow morning at 10:45 AM and arriving in San Francisco via Salt Lake City at around 1:50 PM. My friend Dave (aka Punk Ass) is picking me up at the airport and dropping me off at The exceedingly groovy Hotel Triton, after which I have to boogie over to register at my conference. Later, Dave will go back to the airport to pickup his brother, Rick and another friend and fellow Urologist Karl Westenfelder. Karl, Rick and I are sharing a hotel room. The Triton is located at the gates of Chinatown and I can't wait to get my mouth around some of the great culinary offerings to be had. The Extended forecast looks flipping awesome, with the weather just getting better and better as the week goes on. I can't wait to see the Golden Gate bridge up close (before 9/11 I flew over it in Jack Roscoe's sweet little prop plane on my way to Gwen & Jack's wedding in Arcata), visit Alcatraz and go the largest independent record store in the country, Amoeba Records. Oh yeah, and I'll learn alot at the conference too :)

Comments