Unbelievable! Yesterday it was in the upper '70s (that's about 26C for you other folks) here in Missoula and this morning I awoke to snow. At first I thought it might have been the pain pill I took last night but after slapping myself and re-focusing I realized it really was snow. Enough stuck up high that the mountains around Missoula are once again white capped.

I feel much better today, thanks to the Prednisone and a good nights sleep. Tonight is the Ultimate league and unfortunately for our team, three of our most experienced players (including myself) are sidelined. It will be a cold, windy night so we should expect a lot of zone defense.

in just two days my folks will get to meet the lovely Ms. Annie Weissman which is both exciting and the source of some anxiety (no offense to the lovely Ms. Annie if she is reading this post). I think I can count on my hands the number of girls who've met my parents past high school...starting with Ela Aktay I believe and my anxiety comes from the fact that we all know I'm still single. Not that my family caused any of those relationships to go south but there is a common theme here....Johnny O meets woman, woman digs Johnny O for his curiousness and unique style...Occasionally Johnny O freaks and runs away from woman (sorry Traci, I'm glad you forgave me and are still my friend) but more often woman suddenly realizes Johnny O's quirkiness is not so cool and his style is [fill in appropriate disparaging remark here] and so woman dumps Johnny O. But Annie has perservered and is not one to be taken lightly. We'll see how she handles the O'Connor mash-up and I'll even try to throw in some of my Indy friends to keep her off balance.

I got a great email today from the very cool Mark Need regarding Joe Henry, a musician we both dig. My mention of Joe sparked some good memories for Mark, especially about seeing Joe in Bloomington, Indiana with another friend of ours Lou...those moments where you can connect with an artist in a live setting are truly memorable.

Comments