Women's Field Hockey

Tonight I vowed to myself that I would get the Hollasaugadougatuck 2004 vacation expenses figured out. Admittedly, I'm only hurting myself by not getting this task done, well me and a few other of the 43 participants who fronted the cash for the event. I thought I emailed the spreadsheet to myself so I could work on it at home, but it turns out I emailed the wrong document which leads me to the topic of my post.

I just turned on the television and the Olympic gold medal match of Women's Field Hockey is on the Bravo network. I've never seen field hockey played and frankly I'm a bit dumbfounded by the sport. Now I know that I play another crazy sport (Ultimate)but this field hockey thing looks like a back breaker. The women play with sticks a length that forces them to constantly move about in a perma slouch...that's gotta take its toll on their backs. It's brutal too, they all had blood coming from somewhere on their bodies. But what really surprised me was the crowd. It was huge...much larger than the Women's soccer finals. The Germans won 2-1, a major upset according to the announcers. I wouldn't know whether it was an upset or not but I do know the olympics are cool.

Comments