Back Home Again, In Indiana

I was hoping to just plug my digital camera into my Mom's desktop and run with it, seeing as how both my Mom and I have Canon digitals. Unfortunately I can't get her software to recognize my camera so I can't post any photos of all the fun stuff I've done so far. Here is a quick re-cap:

I arrived in Indy Saturday afternoon and spent the evening with my folks. On Sunday they had a very nice family cookout for me and my Dad's brother and his wife, along with two of their daughters (Uncle Mike, Aunt Mary Ellen & cousins Michelle & Jennifer)and one of their daughters husband (Jim)joined us for the fun. Monday we tried the Bloomington adventure and Monday night I visited my Ultimate buddies for a cookout. Yesterday my sister Leslie (superwoman in my eyes), her two girls (Tara & Brooke) and me headed over to Holiday Park for a picnic and an afternoon of fun. We played in the playground and went for a nice little hike along the White River. We also walked through a great and well maintained wildflower bed. Brooke was too pooped to make it to the nature center. Last night I snuck over to Riverside park for a little pickup Ultimate.

Today I convinced my folks to go for a nice long walk in their neighborhood. It was fairly early, around 7:15 AM, but the sun was shining and the flowers in all the yards kept us smiling. It was good to get the blood moving early. My Mom volunteered to watch my nieces again so we decided to make it another family day. My Mom, Dad, Tara, Brooke and me all piled into the car and headed downtown to the canal. It really is amazing how the downtown is being transformed into a vibrant center with all kinds of activities. The canal walk allows access to so many things, like White River State Park, which contains the National Congressional Medal of Honor Memorial, The Eiteljorg Museum (currently undergoing a huge addition/renovation project), The Indy IMAX,The Indiana State Museum, The Indianapolis Zoo,The NCAA Headquarters and Hall of Champions, White River Gardens, and Victory Field. The canal also hosts the USS Indianapolis Memorial and is next to the Indianapolis Tennis Center, which is currently hosting .The RCA Tennis Championship. As you can imagine, there was alot to see and with a 3 year-old and a ten year-old we knew we had limited time. We rented a four person surrey and did our best against the 92 degree F temperatures and hot July sun. It was super fun, with all of us walking away from the day exhausted.

Tonight I got to have dinner with my friends Garrett, Teresa and their awesome daughter Jena (Garrett is a commenter on this site) at a new Thai restaurant on the northside called Sawasdee...outstanding food and excellent company. I looked across the table at Jena and just was amazed at how much she has grown...I can't believe she is seven. We'll all be heading up to Michigan on Friday for the start of our annual weeklong vacation on the shores of Lake Michigan. Yeehaa.

That's it for tonight.

Comments